The Rajasthan health department has formed a five-member committee on Saturday to investigate, examine and track the Zika virus disease in pregnant patients of first trimester.
As much as 80% of dengue cases were reported from just seven of 24 municipal wards in September. Officials from the public health department said they were not only intensifying drives to destroy breeding spots
As of Sunday, 40 cases of leptospirosis were reported in the state. Kozhikode reported 28 such cases and the rest were from Alappuzha
India Pest 2018 National Convention on Pest Management organised by IPCA at Gurugram on 17-18 August 2018 – Media Coverage by Live Hindustan
रासायनिक कीटनाशकों का इस्तेमाल पर्यावरण, जमीन और स्वास्थ्य तीनों के लिए हानिकारक है। देश में कीट नियंत्रण (पेस्ट कंट्रोल) उद्योग को रासायनिक कीटनाशकों के निर्माण से मुक्ति दिलाने के लिए सरकार को आगे आने की जरूरत है।
IPCA President Jaldhi Trivedi during his interview with Khabar Haryana News at India Pest 2018, Gurugram on 17 August 2018.
The pest control industry and professionals in the country have key role to play to minimize impact on environment as well as help government in public health management by controlling various disease spread by pests including malaria and dengue .
Union Minister of Petroleum, & Natural Gas and Skill development Mr Dharmendra Pradhan will be inaugurating the 2 day conference by the Indian Pest Control
Indian Pest Control Association (IPCA), the apex national body of pest control professionals in the country has warned against pest invasion and health
Jaldhi Trivedi (CEO, Elite Corporation) who is also President of IPCA (Indian Pest Control Association) in conversation with 24 HRS TV Channel in Kolkata…
A new dengue virus has been confirmed for the first time in the country. Scientists at Pune-based National Institute of Virology (NIV), who spotted it and had been tracking it, said the new virus of an Asian genotype…
A majority of vehicles catch fire in Mumbai owing to sparks from wires frayed by rodents, according to a study. The Mumbai fire brigade studied 860 vehicle fires in the past three years that led to nine deaths and left more than 14 people injured.
Dengue deaths in Mumbai have doubled in the past five years, says a report by NGO Praja Foundation on the city’s health indicators.
The doctors are glad that Selvi turned up at the right time because if the cockroach would have died, it might have harmed her brain.
EPA’s is releasing a final policy which describes methods for addressing acute risks to bees from pesticides. Applications of acutely toxic pesticides would be prohibited under certain conditions when bees are most likely to be present.
Hantavirus, which has never been officially recorded in Mumbai, claimed a 12-year-old boy from Colaba on Saturday. The virus has been recirculating in the country since a decade and doctors say solitary cases have occurred in Mumbai as well.
Around 79% of the breeding spots of the dengue-causing Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes found in this survey were in highrises and housing societies. The slums, where more than 50% of the city’s population resides, accounted for around 21% of the roughly 9,000 breeding spots found in 2016 so far.
A teenager from Kurla became the third person in August to die of complications arising out of leptospirosis, the BMC said on Friday. A bigger worry though is the sudden spurt in cases of mosquito-borne dengue and malaria across the city.
Mumbai: The city registered this year’s first rain-related fatality when a 35-year-old Kandivli resident succumbed to lung complications arising out of a leptospirosis infection on Friday. The woman, who lived in Jagdamba Chawl of Hanumant Nagar in Kandivli (East), was admitted to Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital on July 13 and had a history of wading through…
The mosquito that transmits Zika virus -and also dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever -is Aedes aegypti.The genetically enginee red Aedes aegypti mosquitoes were developed by Oxitec, a British company , to fight dengue, but would also work to curtail the spread of Zika.
Reuters | Jan 31, 2016, 02.46 AM IST Companies and scientists are racing to create a Zika vaccine as concern grows over the mosquito-borne virus that has been linked to severe birth defects and is spreading quickly through the Americas. Zika is now present in 23 countries and territories in the Americas. Brazil, the hardest-hit…
Passengers of the CST-bound Siddheshwar Express held up the train at Pune station at 3 am after being bitten by bedbugs in the train.
An Air India flight from Mumbai to London was forced to return to the city, over a suspected rat spotting. The ten-hour flight had been en route for six hours when it had to turn back.
Mumbai has reported the highest number of dengue cases among all the districts in Maharashtra this year, according to the state health department.
Activists working for animal and bird rescue in urban areas are a worried lot seeing the increasing use of glue trap boards for catching rats and other creatures, in spite of the sale of these boards being banned by the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI).
Mumbai Mirror | Nov 19, 2015, 04.07 AM IST By Kamal Mishra They are tiny, stay in a colony, are very diligent and now it emerges that are capable of bringing a train down and hundreds of passengers along with it. A handful of ants found in the brake box of a local train on…
The BMC’s fogging and spraying workers are facing maximum resistance from residents of upscale areas, living in high-rises or bungalows.
The Western Railway (WR) has trapped more than 200 rats in a month at its yard in Mumbai Central following a rash of complaints about the pest menace aboard the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express.
Fever, along with excruciating abdominal pain, forced a 27-year-old woman to undergo a surgery for ovarian cyst.
An RTI reply has revealed that this is the number of night rat killers (NRKs) on whom the BMC primarily depends
Omkar Raje (14) from the locality had died on Monday after fighting the viral infection for nearly three weeks.
Bella Jaisinghani, TNN MUMBAI: In a tragic turn of events at a Versova housing society, two young siblings believed to be in their twenties died an unnatural death by alleged pesticide poisoning. Rehab and Rameez Chougule, children of a prominent female social worker of Versova, were rushed to hospital Wednesday after being found under “toxic…