Identify bed bugs, its life cycle and signs of their infestation Bed bugs are oval, flat insects of a straw-colored to a rich reddish-brown color Legs are well developed and they can crawl up vertical surfaces of wood, paper and plaster.Life cycle: – Egg, Nymph and Adult 5-10 mm long. In complete metamorphosis
Interesting facts :
- A bed bug can take six times its weight in blood, and feeding can take 3 to 10 minutes.
- Adults live about 10 months and there can be up to 3 to 4 generations of bed bugs per year.
- Bed bugs can go without feeding for 80 to 140 days.
- Older stages can survive longer without feeding than younger ones.
- Bed bugs cannot climb polished glasses or metal easily and they don’t fly,
- Sign of Infestation
- Musty Sweetish Odour
- Blood spots on mattress, pillow, bed sheets, etc.
- Excreted blood spots.
- Adults, nymph or eggs.
- Biting evidence to customer, Bites cause swelling.
How do Bed bugs invade a building?
Luggage, Clothing, Boxes , Through guests & their baggage , Other personal belongings etc,
So above details make us understand that once bedbugs enter they can survive easily and as there are too many factors in bldg which we cannot monitor daily.
In hospital building, office building, railway coach we have to use pesticides judiciously as various patients, and individuals may have allergy. Being a professional and ISO certified company we are only using branded pesticides which is approved by Central Insecticides Board of government of India. So we are using only Pesticides which are approved.
We have to carry out three treatments in a month
1st will help us to kill and flush out bedbugs
2nd will help us to Spot kill and
3rd one will allow us to get best results.
Pesticide treatment can not kill eggs, for that we need to fumigate. Fumigation is only allowed for experts or misuse can result in death. (Versova inceident – Two siblings died in the year 2014)
So we require help from staff of office family member in residence tolocate and find infested place day, and we have to simultaneously inspect on 2nd day if necessary